October 10th - October 21st:

This week was hectic but fun. 

On Monday there was a rainbow outside after my marketing class. In the nighttime, we went hot tubing. This was a lot of fun and I didn't realize how much I missed a pool and hot tub. I took some really cool pictures that night. 



View with brightness up


On Tuesday I did a squid dissection. This was a lot of fun and it was cool to see all the different structures.  I went to the gym with Reagan and Candace. 

Not much happened on Wednesday, but the sky was pretty. 


Thursday was one of my top days on the island. I'm still speechless that I even got to experience a day like this.  

I woke up around 8am and got ready for an entire day outdoors. At 9am I was picked up by Michael and we went to Magens Bay to plant corals. Upon arrival we met with Larry and he took us to his home. The views from his house were incredible. We then climbed over many rocks to get down to the water. Once in the water there were creates which held the coral that a group rescued the week prior. Larry taught us how to make the goop (it is the cement/glue used to secure the coral to the rock). I enjoyed kneeding the goop because it reminded me of playing with clay. Larry showed us how to "plant" the coral and then Michael and I got to try. We then spent the next few hours planting corals. This was such an incredible experience. I saw so many ctenophores, a jelly fish, lobster, fish, and cnidarians. 

After a morning of planting corals we all went to Root 42 for sandwiches. Michael and I drove to the Marriott for our invert lab. We went kayaking to look for annelids and other invertebrates. I realized my left arm is way stronger than my right arm because my kayak kept moving at an angle. We saw a beautiful mansion the over looked Charolotte Amalie. I arrive back to the dorm around 5. I showered and then went to the gym. After the gym, Reagan, Candace, and I decided to go hot tubing. 





On Friday, I went to class and then went to Emerald Beach. It was fun. In the evening Reagan and I went on a drive and ended up at Kmart. It was a lot of fun because we took off the roof pannels of the Jeep she got to take home from work. We then picked up Candace and we went to Tickles for dinner. 






On Saturday we were going to go to the botanical gardens, but we ended up not going. I went out with Savanah, Destiny, Bella, and Maddie for a late lunch and then we walked over to Green House for happy hour and Reagan joined us. In the span of an hour I think I saw 6 different rainbows. 

Sunday was a chill day. I went to Brewers and collected more sea glass. There was a really pretty sunset. 

On Monday I did some school work. My 4pm class got cancelled so that was nice. 

On Tuesday I went to lab. I thought we were doing a dissection, but he lectured for 3 hours straight. Everyone lost focus and was not paying attention by the end. 

On Wednesday there were a lot of power and internet issues on the island. I worked on some homework in the morning when we still had wifi. I went to my invert class and then decided to go to the beach. My 4pm and 7pm classes were cancelled due to internet issues. I was at the beach with Reagan and Candace. We met some Puerto Ricans and they shared their food and drinks with us. The vibes were great. Around 6pm we left the beach. I relaxed and looked at some stuff to prepare for the exec meeting for scuba club. After the meeting, I walked down to the beach to meet Reagan, Candace, Michael, and Terri for a night snorkle. This experience was so cool and I'm glad I did it. The bioluminesense in the water was incredible. We also saw a munch of crabs, fish, bats that eat fish, and we think a Medusa worm.  



On Thurday I dissected an earthworm in my lab. 


On Friday I went to class. I then went out to dinner with Destiny, Maddie, Savannah and Savanah. It was really fun. 

Comments

  1. Wow, it seems like you had an amazing week. All these photos are amazing. The one of the palm tree at night with the cool school looks like a professional photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Week

life update

1st week of October