Why I picked NSE and its application process

I decided to do NSE compared to a study abroad program because of the global pandemic and to be closer to home while still being away. It was the best option for me financially as well. When looking at schools, I knew I wanted to go somewhere near the water where I could take major and minor courses. That led me to look at Florida, Hawaii, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. I ended up selecting US Virgin Islands - St. Thomas as my first choice. When applying for NSE I did a lot of research about the schools before I even met with the Student Success Center. At my initial meeting, we went over different places I wanted to go to and the likelihood that I would get accepted. I was also walked through the NSE website and the Student Success Center’s website. This is where I was shown how to start my application. The application process was very easy and straightforward. Once accepted to my host school (UVI - St. Thomas), I had some paperwork to fill out for housing and meal plans. I sent the coordinator a list of courses I would like to take and she did the course registration for me. Everything was a breeze to do as long as the directions were followed and emails were read when received. There were a lot of random tasks sent to do in July to prepare me for going on exchange. The tasks were easy but they did take time. Overall, the process was pretty easy, and I would also recommend other students to do NSE. As I get ready to leave I am in the process of unpacking my packed boxes from my apartment and repacking the essentials I will need for the Virgin Islands. In addition to packing, I made sure my medical forms and vaccines were up to date and I scheduled a covid test upon arrival.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Week

life update

It's Midterm Time!!!